Friday, June 4, 2010

Mexico stun Italy in World Cup 2010 warm up match

In what might be seen as the surprise result of the night Italy slumped to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Mexico - the same Mexico that was beaten by England a couple of weeks ago, but also the same Mexico that showed us glimpses of what might be possible.

Well tonight, it was possible and they put Italy to bed with a warm cup of milk and stories of San Pedro and the devil.

Carlos Vela opened the scoring for Mexico in the 17th minute and second half substitute Alberto Medina doubled their lead in the 84th minute before Italy got one back, Leonardo Bonucci scoring with a minute to go of normal time.

It has to be said, as it was after Mexico lost to England, that the Mexicans did look good and tonight they looked better - almost more focused and determined. The football was the same there was just and edge to their game.

I think I'm going to have a cheeky bet on Mexico to qualify from Group A and I hope South Africa do too, because I'd love it if France failed because I think they cheated to get here. Is that wrong of me?

Souce: http://www.worldcup2010southafrica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment